Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A Baby Doll Carrier for Clare (sewing project show and tell)

(hot on the heals of my post about baby wearing...)

(this little show and tell has been auto posted to entertain you while I'm off on vacation!)

Of all my kiddos, Clare and James have been the most frequently "worn" babies.  Clare doesn't remember the all the cozy times she spent spitting up down my chest, but she does see me wear James often enough.  And what I do with James, Clare does with Sally: nurse, dress, rock, bounce, sing to, toss off the play set.  (Oh no, wait.  I don't do that last one with James.)  Clare's two-year-old brain has even deduced that there are joys to baby wearing beyond the hair-pulling and shirt-soaking that we mamas endure embrace.  Lucky for Clare (and Sally!), a friend gave me some tips on sewing an Ergo-style baby doll carrier, and I picked up a simple pattern here via Pinterest!  






she's even got the hand-on-the-carrier stance :  


The pattern was perfect except that Clare is so tiny the straps were a little long.  I have to wind them around her a couple times :)  If you're interested in making one and the wearer is itty bitty, test out the straps before sewing them in so you can adjust the length if you need to.  Also, I didn't have any heavy weight fabric, so I used a medium-heavy weight fusible interfacing on the front carrier piece.  It turned out nice and sturdy :)

Thanks for indulging me in a little show and tell :)

3 comments:

Like the old song says, "comments are a girl's best friend." Or something like that... So... leave a comment! I love chatting here! Pretend you're on my back porch, kick the broken plastic sandbox toys aside, sip your iced coffee, or beer, or (__fill in the blank with your beverage of choice__) and let's talk about all the things, because back-porch blogging is what I do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...