Monday, November 24, 2014

Embrace the Ordinary :: vol 16

Our pace has been slowed, forced to a crawl by injury and illness.  

Last week my husband threw his back out and got a crazy bad chest cold on the same day.  He was out of commission for shoveling snow and doing laundry and lifting kiddos.  Then Sweet Baby James and I got the cold and that's where we are now.  And it's pretty bad.  This cough and congestion and achy body doesn't leave anyone with much energy or desire to do anything except go. slow.  We've been embracing the slower pace with a great deal of grace (and help from family!)   

Sometimes in the face of illness I get frustrated and irritable.  I'm so grateful that the Lord has blessed me this last week with extra doses of patience and affection for my sick hubby and baby.  And I'm so grateful for the grace to embrace much-needed rest for myself with a lot of peace and not a lot of guilt.  (Kids are watching a lot of Wild Krats to facilitate this "rest" :)  No guilt!)  


Embracing the cozy cuddling that comes with illness :)


“…there is something holy, something divine hidden in 
the most ordinary situations, 
and it is up to each one of you to discover it.”  
St. Josemaria Escriva, Passionately Loving the World


Linking up with Gina to share in celebrating the ordinary moments that mark our grace-filled lives.  Head over the Someday (Hopefully) They'll Be Saints for more stories of Embracing the Ordinary.

6 comments:

  1. we are right there with you. mike had shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago and no changing diapers, holding babies, etc for another month. aye. but i feel ya. its hard! will be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying for YOU, Nicole. It's hard to be the "healthy" one on your own for so long :(
      Heal quickly, Mike :)

      Delete
  2. There is so much extraordinary going on right now that I'm struggling to pull back and see and find joy in the ordinary--trying not to neglect the simplest of joys and the "regularness" under the unusual. Your post and the other posts in the link you joined are helping me to stop and look in the very way I've been praying to be able to--they're an answer to my recent prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Regularness" is the perfect word! There's so much comfort and blessing in what is "regular" and "ordinary" especially when it feels like all the extra stuff is spinning out of control. Thanks for your comment! I'm so happy that Gina's link-up has been a blessing for you!

      Delete
  3. Oh no!!! Feel better soon!! So sorry it took me all week to get to reading this. I'm on the prayers for your family to recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers, Gina! The recovery has been slow, but at least we're on the up swing :)

      Delete

Like the old song says, "comments are a girl's best friend." Or something like that... So... leave a comment! I love chatting here! Pretend you're on my back porch, kick the broken plastic sandbox toys aside, sip your iced coffee, or beer, or (__fill in the blank with your beverage of choice__) and let's talk about all the things, because back-porch blogging is what I do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...